Thursday, April 1, 2010

Finishing Up Some Things

So I've just finished a lot of big projects and I feel so relieved. This coming weekend is free thanks to work. It's nice to be able to sit outside and read. I might take a little photo venture tomorrow. If I do, I'll post some of the images up for you.

As for the big projects, one that was stressful was my final video for my design class.

Check out the video.


Having no past experience in video, making a short film was a crazy concept to me and after having finished I'm so proud that I'm doing what I'm doing. I've learned so much and improved not only in my creative skills, but also in my people skills. The University of Illinois is amazing and I am so happy to be here!

The video was supposed to be conceptual and for me it explains how I feel about a lot of the relationships I have with various people in my life.

I also had a midterm for my drawing class that studied juxtaposition. Here is my final piece:



What can I say, I like gnomes. The whole piece is bittersweet, but again, after finishing I felt as though I could tackle anything. The media I used, Prismacolor art markers, was intoxicating (literally and figuratively) and the process was beautiful. I hope that I can do things like this in the future.

But the biggest relief came with finishing my portfolio. Ah... that was an intense procedure. The criteria for the portfolio was ten images. No more, no less. I could include up to two film clips and two professional writing clips.

Choosing the images was the hardest part, but I believe I made a good decision.

The Images

Let me explain this image:



So I did this the third or fourth drawing class I had in college. Now when it comes to drawing, I'm terrified. I don't view myself as a very good drawer. But after doing this, I felt like I could do it. I have this piece hanging up in my room and it reminds me that if I feel like I can't do something, I can. Self motivation is the best. This little cabbage might not be the prettiest, but it makes me feel like I can do anything, which makes it beautiful in my eyes.

So yeah, that's what is going on in the art world for me. Hope you all are having a wonderful life.

No comments:

Post a Comment